Computer Virus? What You Need To Know!
Hackers have developed viruses and spyware which are difficult to detect. They do not make their presence visible, at all. The only way to find them is by running a complete system scan for all known computer viruses. Thousands of computers are infected each day without the knowledge of the computer user. Home based computers are at risk most, as most users don’t install any anti virus software. Read the following report so you can understand how big the computer virus, malware, spyware and spam problem is.
- 61% of malicious sites are just regular websites that have been compromised
- 1+ MILLION people are victims of cybercrime every day, that’s 12 People Per Second.
- 42% increase in targeted attacks in 2012.
- 31% of all targeted attacks aimed at businesses with less than 250 employees.
- One waterhole attack infected 500 organizations in a single day.
- 32% of all mobile threats steal information.
- A single threat infected 600,000 Macs in 2012.
- Spam volume continued to decrease, with 69% of all email being spam.
- The number of phishing sites spoofing social networking sites increased 125%.
- Web-based attacks increased 30%.
- 5,291 new vulnerabilities discovered in 2012, 415 of them on mobile operating systems.
(Source: Highlights from 2013 Internet Security Threat Report from Symantec.com)